The Robotics team spent more time getting to know each other and talked more about strategy!
Business team started figuring out fundraising ideas in order to reach our goal of $10,000. We decided on doing a Heggies Pizza fundraiser, and a Bingo Night!
The programming team has started to decide what type of programming we will be using.
The build and design team started designing the robot and what we will be going for in the game.
Welcome to our third year of robotics! This week we found out the theme for this years competition (video down below)! We are very excited about the competition and have been working hard this week to get everything started.
The business team has gotten started on finding fundraisers and sponsors. So far this year we have raised over $5,000!
The strategy team has been working on a strategy to build our robot and what we would like to do at competition.
The building team has started drawing dimensions for our robot!
We went to the First Robotics Competition in Duluth! It was over all a good experience on what we can improve on and what we did good this year. The business team went out and made friends with other robotics teams, and learned some new things that we can do next year for our robot. We hope next year we will improve and overall become better at communicating, and being a better team, along with things on to improve the robot. All and all it was a very good experience and we can't wait till our next competiton!!
Business: We finished the silent auction, and are starting to get the bath bombs, and candles to the people who have bought them. We also got the last box of donated shoes packaged that we are collecting for another fundraising option.
Builders: We now have a functioning robot, but due to a slight incident the scoopeedeedoop is now in about eight peaces. (The scoopeedeedoop is the rotating part of the robot that delivers the fuel sells to the body of the robot and is a way to get points for the competition.) But no worries, we shall prevail.
Programmers: We got the robot running, and finished the programming!
Business: They tagged and bagged all of the bath-bombs and also tagged all of the candles.
Building: They mounted the power distribution in roborio and mounted a webcam.
Programming: They learned how to program everything and started to work on making the robot move.
Design: They finished up designing all of the main parts.
Main News: The team traveled to Becker on Thursday and worked with them. They helped and taught the programmers what to do.
Builders: We have been building the frame for our robot. We have also been figuring out where everything will go.
Business: We decided prices for the candles and bath-bombs and prepared them for selling. We made tags and mesh bags.
Design: We have been working on our designs for the winch and pivot. We have been drawing designs and making small models.
Programers: We started writing the code for our robot.
Design: The Design team has been doing the measurements and been coming up with ways to make the robot efficient and not too big or small.
Builders: The builders have continued to make the robot, and have started to make the set pieces.
Business: The business team has been coming up with more ideas for fundraising, and in February will hopefully begin to be selling "Casey's Doughnut and/or Pizza cards. (More info to be announced later.) We also began making the bath-bombs, and candles.
Builders: The Building Team started and finished build the drive train.
Designers: The design team started to brainstorming ideas for the robot and then figure out all of the dimensions needed to have the robot function how we want it, but not break any rules.
Business: The business team began brainstorming on some new fundraising ideas. We came up with making homemade candles, soap and bath-bombs to sell. At the end of the week, T-shirts started being designed.